This salad is a lovely way to get lots of seasonal produce into one meal! I used mixed baby greens with spinach and Swiss chard, but this would be equally as good with arugula as a substitute. Serve it with your favorite grilled protein over the top or over a bed of a whole grain like farro.
For the Asparagus
1 pound medium asparagus (snap off the woody stalks)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
For the Vinaigrette:
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss the asparagus in olive oil, and liberally season with salt and pepper. Spread the stalks out on a baking sheet, in a single layer, and roast until tender but still firm and moist, about 8-10 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette : whisk together the mustard and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking quickly to emulsify the olive oil into the juice mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss the asparagus with vinaigrette, 4-6 cups of mixed baby greens.
- Garnish with chives, scallions, and sliced radish. (In the photo I also added hemp seeds and served over a bed of farro.
Don’t be afraid to experiment 🙂