(RECIPE FROM THE MOVEMENT MENU)
This roasted delicata squash salad is full of warm, fall flavors and is made with arugula, pomegranate, pistachios, and feta cheese. The 5 ingredient vinaigrette is both sweet and tangy and marries all of the salad ingredients together. It’s tender, easy to prep, and the most perfect beginning or side dish for any meal.
- ▢ 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ▢ 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ▢ 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ▢ 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ▢ 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ▢ 2 medium delicata squash, about 1 1/2 pounds
- ▢ 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ▢ kosher salt to taste
- ▢ 1/2 pound arugula
- ▢ 1/3 cup pistachios
- ▢ 4 ounces feta cheese
- ▢ 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- ▢ salt to taste
- ▢ black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all of the maple vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl until creamy throughout and set aside.
- Cut delicata squash in half, length wise and trim off the ends. Scoop out all of the seeds and stringy bits. Cut into 1/2″ thick half moons and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add oil and salt to the bowl with delicata squash and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly coated. Transfer to prepared baking sheets in a single layer, leaving room in between each piece to allow them to crisp up slightly.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. If you’d like them a bit more well done, turn the oven to a low broil for 4-5 minutes afterwards. Set aside to slightly cool.
- Combine the rest of the salad ingredients together on a platter or in a large serving bowl. Add delicata squash and stir to combine. Top off with maple vinaigrette or serve on the side. Taste for additional salt and pepper.
- You can prep this salad 1-2 days in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Store the dressing on the side or the entire salad will become limp and soggy.
- Use your favorite nut. This salad would taste delicious with chopped pecans as well.
- If you aren’t into feta cheese, feel free to use goat or omit the cheese altogether.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 147mg